- Write here more often. I used to refrain from posting anything outside the 500-750 word range, but between Facebook and Twitter, I don't frame my thoughts on that scale with the frequency I used to. That's not a criticism or a complaint, it just is. Expect smaller, more frequent posting in the new year.
- Use my resources more efficiently. For the first time this year... this didn't feel particularly necessary. I was able to afford travel without watching my budgeting like a hawk as I had to in the past, but it's not the optimal way of doing things. I can be more productive, healthier, travel more, and do more cool stuff just by spending less money on going out for junk food and booze. Yes, karaoke is fun. But the amount I spend on drinks every time I go out, multiplied by the frequency at which I go out... there's so much more I could be doing.
- Read more books and fewer websites, if only because I've got a stack of the former to go through and I'll never be able to get through all of the latter.
- Cook myself dinner every Saturday night. I'm good at it, and it's more healthy then going out for junk. I've been doing better in this regard over the past month or so, but I can continue to improve.
- Work out more often. Again, I've been doing better at this in the past month, but I can do a lot better. I used to go to the gym 4-5 times a week. There's no reason I can't get back to that.
- Finish all the video games I own, but never got around to finishing. The list includes: Gears of War 3, Halo Reach, Bulletstorm, Alpha Protocol, Brutal Legend, Mass Effect 2, Dead Space, Arkham City, Call of Duty Black Ops, Okami, Final Fantasy XII, Silent Hill 2, Kingdom Hearts, God of War 1 and 2, Shadow of the Colossus.
If there's one overarching theme in all this, it's that I've got a ton of stuff at my disposal... and that whatever resources I have should be going to things that are going to improve my life. At the very least, I need to start making choices that aren't limiting my ability to chase opportunities that are really interesting and cool. It's not that I'm not doing well - I am - but damn if I won't try to do even better in 2012.